Monday, September 26, 2011

A change is gonna come...



The first person is Hermana Criss and us cooking with her and the second is of some of the sisters at zone conference.

Wow! It's been a wonderful and busy week. Full of adventures and goodness! This last monday a sweet hermana in our ward, Hermana Criss, taught us how to cook some yummy little hispanic goodies. She taught us how to make home-made tortillas, wonderful quesadillas, gorditas, and picaditas. Yum! We had such a wonderful time with her and she is such a little hispanic woman- so proud of her cooking and so good at it. I'm excited to make them for all of you when I get home!

Elizabeth, one of the people we are teaching was a tender mercy for us this week. She's 14 and so sincere about wanting to know about God. This week when we went to teach her, she was with two friends and we invited them to join us for the lesson. We talked about being daughters of God and what that means and how it can help us. They really listened up and had a lot to say about that. They are such sweet girls that just want to do what's right in such a crazy world. During the lesson we were also talking about praying and Elizabeth told us she had something she wanted to say. She got very serious and with a trembling voice, she thanked us for teaching her how to pray and that she could really talk to God about anything. She said that she's been praying every single night since we first taught her and she knows that God is answering her prayers. Also every night she prays to know if what we are teaching her is true and she said that she's felt so strongly that it is true. She loves reading the Book of Mormon and really feels so much peace. Oh my goodness! Hearing that is honestly the best thing ever! It's so incredible to see God's hand in someone's life and to feel of His love that He has for them. She finished the lesson by baring her testimony to her friends that this will also help them. It was so beautiful to see the light in her eyes.

This week I finished my mormon.org account. Starting in October, the chruch will have ads, commercials, and billboards all over Pheonix valley about mormon.org and we are so blessed to be here now to see the effects of this. It's so cool to see what purposes the Lord has for modern-day technology. And we're excited to reach more people about the gospel. All of you that get to read this really should check out this website. This website was created under the direction of the prophet and it truly is inspiring, especially the videos and profiles. All members are encouraged to make their own profile so that people can see how the gospel has blessed their lives.

Patricio, our little friend that is trying to give up smoking is doing well. He still has a lot of opposition, but he difinitely has "ganas" or a deep desire to follow God. Yesterday he told us that his boss might transfer him to another city about 2 hours away, so he might be moving. We are praying that he won't, but we know that whatever happens is God's will. He has a bapism date for October 8th and we hope that he can continue to progress towards that.

Luis is also working towards his baptismal date. Yesterday his friend was using his car, so he walked for probably 20 minutes to get to the church. He knows he needs to be baptized and we can feel of God's love for him. We know that baptism will help him overcome his past and start a new life in Christ by fulling using the Atonement. We're excited for him.

Another adventure from this week is that we were able to go on exchanges with the engish sisters in our area. I was able to go the the english area with Sister Makela, one of the incredible english sisters in our mission. It was amazing to see the work in the english area. It is blooming and they are having huge success and I am so happy for them! We taught this awesome lesson about the restoration to this wonderful lady, Arie. She has been searching for a church that will help her to have a personal relationship with Christ. As we were teaching, the scriptures that we shared really spoke to her and she felt like this is what she was looking for. She told us that she felt that this was it and her search was over. Sister Makela and I felt the Spirit so strong and knew that this was exactly what we needed. We were able to testify from the conviction in our hearts that this was what she was looking for. There are so many people out there that are prepared and ready for this truth and we just need to find them. The rest of our exchange was amazing. I learned so much from Sister Makela and how to improve in our area.

As many of you know, this weekend was the general broadcast for the Relief Society. Wasn't it incredible?! I felt the Spirit so strong and saw so many ways in which I could improve and also felt much comfort. I especially loved the talk on charity by Sister Allred and the talk by Elder Uchtdorf of the 5 forget-me-nots. And isn't the new Daughters in my Kingdom book amazing?! It just gets me even more excited for conference this next week!

Last night we visited with Hassan. He is such a wonderful kid and he's slowly, but surely working towards a greater relationship with Christ. He's been praying and reading a little bit. We hope to get him to conference this week. He has such a strong testimony and it's only a matter of reminding him about that.

So transfers are coming up in about a week or so. Hermana Norton told me that every time she is leaving an area she can just feel it. I've been praying that I would be prepared for whatever happens this transfer and this week I think I might have gotten my answer. I don't know how to discribe it, but I feel like I'm on the last little bit of my time here and that I'll be leaving this area. It's sad because I love this area and I love Hermana Norton. I love the people, but I also think that I need to experience more in the mission. Now, I could be wrong, but just in case, all of you that send me letter this week, send it to the mission address until I tell you otherwise:
1871 E. Del Rio Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85282

Well, I love you all. By next week I should know if I'm leaving or not. Have a wonderful week and God Bless!

love,
Hermana Anneli
Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment