Thursday, March 22, 2012

Yuma for Life!

Last night we got transfer calls. We've been anticipating all transfer that they would bring another sister down here and make two companionships of sisters. And that's exactly what's going to happen. I'll stay in Yuma and Hermana Staples and I will be companions and Sister Saxon is being inner-zone-transfered and will have a new companion. But we'll all still live together in the same apartment. It will be a party! We also found out that many of the elders here are being transfered too. We know it's the Lord's will, but we've all been able to really learn and grow from each other down here and we are sad to see the zone be changed. But I am excited to be able to work with and learn from other missionaries. I haven't really served around too many missionaries during my mission so far because I've only been in two areas, so it's always good to meet and learn from new people. I am determined to love this transfer and know that the Lord has much in store for us. I'm excited to be able to split the area and to be able to hopefully focus more on the Spanish work and to be able to love these people here more. I want to love them like I loved the people in Tempe. And I want to love Hermana Staples more. She's so wonderful and it will be a wonderful transfer.

This weekend was the Yuma Stake Conference. It was amazing and it was all on teaching others about the gospel, which I, of course, loved! They talked about how we must live the gospel to be able to teach it to others and how we can be better teachers in our families and to those around us. Many of the talks talked about the importance of parents teaching their children the gospel. It hit me how much I have been blessed in life to be able to have been taught the gospel and to have such a loving home where the Spirit could always be felt. Mom and Dad, thank you so much for that!

This week we've been able to teach a bunch and things are going well. There's not too much new information to tell about the people we teach, but we've had some very good lessons with them. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to teach them all. I love them so much. One of the Ashley's that we are teaching is doing super well. She's so excited to be baptized and to one day get married in the temple to her boyfriend, Ryan. She isa little overwhelmed trying to change her life, but she's seeing so much the will of the Lord in her life and how much she can learn and grow as she follows Him. She's so wonderful. We also taught a lesson this week to Melinda and Marcos about the Plan of Salvation. It was such a good lesson. They just understood it all so well and when we read a scripture with them about baptism, Marcos told us "I need to get baptized!" It was amazing!

Well, it's short this week. Sorry about that. Happy first day and spring this week. I hope you all are doing super well.

love you,
Hermana Anneli Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment