Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Oh my goodness! Hermana Staples and I just got out of a wonderful lesson with Ashley and Ryan (the Ashley that was just baptized last weekend). They told us that they've decided to get married. But they aren't just planning for a future date, they are getting married tomorrow! I don't know if I've ever been happier for someone to get married, except you, Kara. :) They are both doing super well and we're very excited for them, but they don't want anyone else to be there. It's just going to be them and the witnesses and the bishop. Then they'll have a big wedding in October. We're a little bummed that we won't be there tomorrow, but we are very excited for them. Our lesson was definitely guided by the Spirit because it was on temples. They are so excited to go to the temple in a year so that they can be sealed. Ashley is just wonderful and as silly as it sounds, I feel so blessed to see this little family begin. Other than that, the other two recent converts that have been baptized since we've been here in Yuma are also doing well. Bruce is staying strong and active in the church and getting more involved in the young men's program, and the other Ashely is also preparing to go to the temple, but to do baptisms for the dead with the youth in May. At our last lesson we found out that she had felt the spirit really strong at her baptism and her testimony grew so much. I feel so blessed to see how God is working in each of their lives. This week has been wonderful. We've been working with a lot of less actives to be able to help them come back to church. A few of them showed up this week at church. Some people just need to be reminded of their testimony and the importance of the church in their lives. It's also been super hot. Yesterday it was about 107 here. The heat begins, but I'm determined to love it this year because I know it won't last long and pretty soon, I'll really be missing it. And the Lord really truly has been helping me. It's funny because I can tell that it's hot, but it really doesn't bother me like I remember it did last year. The Lord has helped me so much this last week with that and so many other things. Work in Spanish is going well. We're teaching a good amount of people and they have a lot of potential. In one part member family that we are teaching, they told us this week that since they've been meeting with us, they've been seeing many miracles in their family. I think it's really sticking out to the wife who's not a member, and she's seeing how much the Lord is blessing her and is becoming more interested in our message. We also taught a mom, Clara, and her kids how to hold a family home evening. It was super fun and we hope they continue to do it every week. I love these sweet little Hispanics and see so much potential in them. We had a Spanish training this last week and it honestly was exactly what I needed. Not too much of the training was even on Spanish work, but just on missionary work in general. We talked about being successful missionaries from page 10 of Preach my Gospel. A lot of things that it states really hit me. The last few transfers I have seen myself becoming more and more weighed down with the work, but this week helped me to see that as long as I'm doing my best and loving the people, I am successful as a missionary. I love the people here in Yuma and have come to love this crazy little city. This next week is transfers, we'll find out on Sunday what's going on. I have not idea what to plan for. I really don't want to leave yet, but at the same time, I'm open for new adventures, so I'll just have to wait and see what the Lord has in store for me. Well, love you all, Hermana Anneli Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment