Monday, April 2, 2012

"My Heart is Full"

Oh my goodness! I couldn't be happier with conference. It was so good. All week we taught everyone about it and testified to them about how personal and real the messages are. We talked about how you can really know that President Monson is a prophet as you watch and hear him speak. And it was all so true. As I watched it I felt some very personal messages. There were moments when I was convinced they were only talking to me, but then I'd look over at our investigators and see tears in their eyes or hear them comment on how much they were touched and I knew that what I'd been telling these people all week was completely true. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet called of God and the Lord speaks through Him and the apostles. I was very interested to see the topics they spoke on. It seemed like the huge themes were the importance of the family, overcoming resentment and loving, and the joy of repentance. We'd talked to a few members before conference and they said that they were anxious to see what they would say about politics or the crazy things going on in the world. But they didn't even address that, they seemed to be saying that they answer to all of these problems is to put our focus on our families. I just recently memorized The Family: A Proclamation to the World and it's so true what it says that the disinigration of the family will bring many "calamities", and they seemed to be telling us this last weekend that they way to fix all these "calamities" would be to have family prayer, scripture study, more love and kindness, etc. in the family. During it all I reflected on my own family and how well my own parents did all those things. Of course we weren't perfect, but we did them. And I see now how much that's helped me to stay away from evils of the world. Thanks Mom and Dad! And I'm so happy that I have the best siblings in the world that all have good testimonies and are so loving and kind to me. Love you all! I also thought of sweet little Emily Livingston during Elder Rasband's talk and thought about Jason and Noelle. I hope all is going well with you guys. I miss you and can't wait to meet my new little cousin. It was so comforting to hear him declare how special these little "champions" are. Oh, I just have so much to say about conference. I learned about being a better companion and and better missionary. I loved the missionary choir! And I saw Brittany Romanello. It was just awesome. We had a few investigators show up to watch it, Ashely 1 and 2 and also a lady named Fredina. They were all super touched. Fredina has never been to one of our services before, so it was a little different for her. She only made it to the last session, but she was so touched that she asked how she could see the other sessions. It was amazing to see how each was touched and I look forward to talking to the rest of the people we invited to see how they were also touched.

This upcoming week Ashely 1 and 2 will both be baptized. We are so excited for them. It has definitely been a process and a journey for both of them, but we are so excited for this step they are about to make. This week we had a few setbacks, but I think we got them all figured out and we can't wait for this next week.

We have also been finding a few more new people to teach. We had a good few lessons with a guy that's in a christian rock band at the church he currently goes to. His name is Emio and we're excited to see where it all goes. The first time we taught him there was no doubt that he felt the Spirit. We've also been finding a few more people that speak spanish that we can teach. Yeah! I love the hispanics.

This week we did a lot of service too. We were able to help paint a room and to move a less active man in the spanish branch. I love doing service and it was the first time I could wear pants on a day other than p-day in my mission.

We've also been working on meeting with the members a bunch so that we can get to know the ward better and know what we can better do to help them. I'm amazed by the examples of the members here and the things that I'm learning.

This week we also had interviews with President Howes, our mission president. He is such a sweet man and really has trust in us all. He is so good at lifting us up and helping us want to be better. He gave me a lot of good advice on how to be better and work better with our wards.

Well, a lot of good is happening right now. I feel very blessed. I love my companion and I love living with two other amazing Hermanas. We have so much fun doing the work of the Lord. Happy Easter everyone!

love,
Hermana Anneli Hansen


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain

No comments:

Post a Comment