Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gilbert!!!!!

Well, this was a pretty crazy week for me, but a very exciting one. As you can see, I got transfered here to Gilbert, which I'm super excited about. For some reason my whole mission I felt like I would serve in Gilbert one day. So far, I love it! My companion is Hermana Parry, a greenie that's almost been out for 5 months now. She's super awesome and such a hard working missionary. We've been having a ton of fun together and enjoying ourselves. She's from Woods Cross, UT- my first companion from Utah! We cover the Spanish branch here and then have two other wards. We white-washed into one of the wards and we're super excited to be working with them. The members here are super awesome and really involved in missionary work. But there are so many of them that I kind of feel like I'm back in Utah sometimes. That makes the work both easier and harder. It will definitely be a challenge for me to have to figure out the best way to find new investigators here. I think we're going to have to do a lot of member work. Anyway, it's all just really good. For the spanish branch we had a Father's Day activity this last week and it was so fun to get to know the members of the branch. They are so wonderful and true hispanics. :) We have three awesome investigators with baptismal dates here: Angela, Yovanka, and Elcy. Angela is married to a member and has been going to church for about 6 months and is super prepared. Yovanka is also married to a member and is very enthusiastic about the gospel. She's also from the Dominican Republic. It's awesome to see a black person speaking spanish. She's super sweet too! And then there's Elcy. She's from Honduras and is living with her member sister and is getting baptized in about two weeks. The area here is a lot more wealthy than other areas that I've served in, which is super different for me. It's really great to be in the valley again because I've been missing being able to learn from President and Sister Howes. I've already had multiple opportunities to be able to see them this last week. And it's fun to serve with different missionaries. It's a big zone and I haven't served with any of these elders before, so it will be good to learn from them and get to know them. Here's my address for now: 5332 E. Baseline Rd. #1065 Mesa, AZ 85206 Well, it was really hard to say goodbye to everyone in Yuma. We got to visit a lot of the people before I left and it was amazing to see how many people I was leaving behind and how many people I had grown to love and been able to help influence. One that was really hard was to say goodbye to Tami. She just got baptized this last saturday and I couldn't be there. But she blew-up a picture of me and put it on a stick, so that I could be there. :) I hope it all went well. This week everyone has been asking me how long I've been on my mission and it's been super hard to tell them that I've been out for 16 months. I can't believe how fast time has flown by! I never want to leave Arizona and it's even making the heat bearable for me. I just love being a missionary and helping people and I am so happy with how things have turned out. I'm determined to work my heart out while I still can and to worry about the future later. Well, I love you all. Please write me soon! Here's a scripture I've recently read that I love: Hebrews 6:10-11. love, Hermana Anneli Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment