Thursday, June 14, 2012

On to Bigger and Better Things!

Oh my goodness! It's been a crazy last week. The whole week I worried about transfers and a few days ago I got this feeling that I was staying and that's what I've been planning on since then. We got transfer calls this morning and I found out that.......I'm LEAVING! It's so sad because I just love, love the people here in Yuma so much! But it's also going to be a good adventure to be able to have more experience and to be able to have another area on the mission. Also, another thing is that all Spanish missionaries will only have Spanish work now. So, that means that for the rest of my mission I will only be doing Spanish work, which I'm so excited about. I've really missed it a lot. Let's see what else happened this week. Brent and Tawnie have not yet chosen a baptismal date, but they are working on getting married before July 21, which is Brent's baptismal date. Also, Tami is doing wonderful. I'm so sad that I'll be missing her baptism this week. I'm really going to miss her so much. But since Hermana Staples will be staying, she'll make sure the new English elders take good care of her. Also, we've been Elysa and Joe, the people I told you about last week, are on fire! They've been reading the Book of Mormon and have really seen a lot of joy come into their lives from it. When we went to visit them this last week, they were glowing and so excited. They both had had experiences separately this last week with seeing the power of the Book of Mormon in their lives. They seriously are on fire and we're super excited for them. But, we won't be teaching them which is super sad. This week we decided to visit a lot of people that had been contacted by other missionaries that had never been taught. We stopped by this one woman, Daniela, and it was a huge blessing. We had a simple lesson with her and she really opened up to us about some really serious things that have happened to her in the past. She's had a crazy hard life and she really just needs the gospel so much! We also had an awesome activity for the Spanish branch. It's a little hard to explain, but I'll do my best. We told everyone that we were going on a trip to "Hawaii" in a plane and we had everyone show up at the church. We decorated one room in the church to be the plane and it was awesome. It looked like a legit plane! And then we had 3 other rooms decorated to be each of the 3 kingdoms of glory. During the flight we had some problems with the flight and it "crashed" and it was like we were dead. We were able to take all of the people through each kingdom and talk about each one. In the last one when we talked about the Celestial Kingdom, the Spirit was there very strong. We had decorated the room in all white and I don't know how, but just to have us all their talking about it, we really felt the Spirit and a few of the branch members bore their testimonies. It was amazing! Although it is so sad that I'm leaving, I'm so excited that Hermana Staples gets to take over the area. She's such a capable missionary, but she's not very confident in herself and now she has the opportunity to see her potential. I love her so much! And she has seen so much success here in Yuma, so she'll be able to finish out strong and enjoy the end. And she's so happy that she's not missing any baptisms because a lot of her baptisms that she's had she's missed because of transfers. I'm so proud of her and I just love her so much! I feel a lot of peace about this change, but it's going to be sad to leave everyone. Well, that's all I can think about sharing from this last week. There's a lot to do, so I better go, but for now, write me at this address: 1871 E. Del Rio Tempe, AZ 85282 love you all, Hermana Anneli Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment