Sunday, February 20, 2011

MTC

So here we go. I'm Anneli's mom and Andrea and I'll be writing her blog. Most of it will be emails from Anneli but I will be writing every once and while. I'm not a writer so just hang in there with me and I'll do the best that I can.
Tuesday night we went to the stake center so Anneli could be set apart as a missionary. Our stake president and dear friend President Linnell set her apart. Our bishop, Bishop Coates and Anneli's Uncle Ron and Aunt Christy came to support her and we really appreciated it.

Anneli was scheduled to be at the MTC at 1:00 but we went down early to take some pictures and go to lunch. We wanted to take pictures in front of the MTC signs but they took the signs down so we settled for this picture across the street from MTC. We had to hurry and take it so we wouldn't get any cars in the pictures.
Then we went to lunch at Kneaders (Anneli's choice). It was delicious and we had a great time talking. Kara and her fiance, Justin, joined us.


We then all hopped in the car and drove in to the front of the MTC. It was an awesome sight to see so many missionaries lined up along the sidewalks to help the new missionaries in to the MTC. We were directed where to park and we all hopped out as fast as we could before they told us we couldn't get out. Thanks to Justin for taking these pictures. We cried and hugged for just a few minutes and then she was gone.



I had to put this picture in because McKay was so cute.




Dad and Anneli (Kara will be mad that I put this picture on).





She's so excited for her new adventure.






See you in 18 months.
We were driving out of the MTC and my youngest daughter Maryn was just sobbing and my sweet little 6 year old son hugged her and said "Don't cry Maryn I'm still here." This really helped us all to feel better.
I thought this wouldn't be hard because Anneli has been away to school for 3 1/2 years but it was much harder to let her go knowing that we wouldn't see her at all for 18 months though I think we'll probably hear from her a lot more on her mission than we did when she was at BYU.
























































































































3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this! It's so fun for us who live way out in the boonies to see and hear what is going on. I can't wait to hear about Anneli's mission and her experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sympathetic crier! Even pictures of crying brings tears to my eyes. Thanks a lot Andrea! :) Best wishes to Anneli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your posts already! I love her so much and love you guys! If you ever need any help with the blog please let me know!

    ReplyDelete