Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Anneli's Phone Call

So as many of you have read in former blog posts Anneli flew out to Tempe yesterday. She was able to call from the airport. She went with a group of about 12 elders and sisters. Most of them were English speaking and some where Spanish speaking that are supposed to go to Peru but until their visas come they are going to Tempe. One of her companions from the MTC is going with her Sister Farley. She said that they were going to stay with members last night then tonight she will meet her companion and then I guess go to her new area. I think P day is on Monday so that is a long time for us to wait to hear the news. I guess it isn't a long time. It seems these days that we are used to instant information and we don't want to wait.

She said that she loved the MTC so much and is sad to leave especially all the friends she has met there. Anneli gets attached to people very easily. I asked her if she got people's addresses so she could get in touch with them when she got home and she said she got a few but most of the people she would just find on Facebook. Interesting how things have changed.

It was wonderful to hear her voice. It is a very strange experience not being able to see your child for a year and a half. I'm so grateful for the choices that she has made in her life and the wonderful experiences she is and will have. Tears came to my eyes as I hung up. I really do miss her but I wouldn't want her to be doing anything different.

Andrea(Anneli's mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment