Sunday, April 3, 2011

Les amo

Hola personas! Como estan? Como fueron sus semanas? I hope it's been a wonderful week for everyone. At BYU it's almost finals. Hope all is going well with studying for those and with final projects. Happy Birthday to my Grandma Livingston. I hope you are having a wonderful day today! Keep looking in your mailbox because I'm sending you a letter soon! It has been my best week here yet! I love the MTC with all my heart. I'm sure those of you who read my weakly letters have noticed that the last few weeks were pretty tough for me, but I'm so glad for them. I was chatting with my companions about that today and how the MTC is a place of refinement, where you can let go of all the worldly, weak things in your life and focus soley on God, His gospel, and the people you get to teach. I've learned so much about humility, selflessness, charity, trusting in the Lord, and how wonderful missionary work is. This week teaching has been so, so, so much better! Something just clicked for all of us last Saturday and we had two amazing lessons with our investegators. The spirit was helping us so much and we actually felt like we were doing what the Lord wanted us to do. Ever since then, the teaching has been a lot easier and I've learned to trust in the Lord more. One thing I learned for sure this week is that I NEED to trust in the Lord. I can't do missionary work on my own, so I must trust in Him. And when I try to soley trust in myself, I let Satan discourage me so easily and then I can't do anything (thanks for the advice mom!). Once I realized to trust in the Lord and rely on Him, my week went 10X better. The Spirit has been such a constant companion for me this week. I've felt a lot of peace, a lot of hope, and a lot of guidance. One thing I realized is that when I rely on the Lord, He helps me to use my talents to help others come unto Christ. This week, I've been able to be myself more as I've taught and I've felt so much more love for the people. As the weeks have gone by, I've been increasing in charity and each week I feel more and more charity for other people. This week we watched a part of the District 2 (oh, and by the way, one of the sisters in the film teaches a district in my zone, so I see her all the time) and we saw how important one family was to these missionaries and we saw how much they cared about their lives and progression in the gospel. Right then and there, I realized how important it is that I am on a mission. I am a representative of Christ! I've been saying that for weeks and weeks, but I am finally beginning to grasp it. I have the power of God with me to help His precious hijos (children) to come to Him and recieve His blessings and love. I can't wait! In saying this all, I hope I don't sound like I'm boasting in myself, because I truly know I could not do this without him. If there's one thing I've learned here in the MTC is it that boy, do I have weaknesses! But as I rely on Christ, He makes up for those weaknesses because I have been set apart to do His Work. (Alma 26:11-12) Missionary work is an amazing thing and I am so grateful the Lord wanted me to have this opportunity to forget myself and help others! This week we learned about the Doctrine of Christ a lot. I remember Dad would always tell me about the doctrine of Christ, but I didn't realize how important it was until I got here and ready 2 Ne. 31 and 3 Ne. 11 in the light of missionary work. The purpose of missionary work is synonomous with the doctrine of Christ. I can't believe that I only have 3 weeks left here in the MTC. I leave on April 19 and I can't wait to get to Arizona, but at the same time, I really don't want to leave all the amazing people here! I love my companions and only Hermana Farley will be coming with me to Arizona. I love the Elders in my district. They are like my brothers and we've all grown in so many ways together that it will be an adjustment not to see them every day. I'll miss my branch presidency and their sweet wives. They always see the best in us and find wonderful ways to lift us up. I know I still have 3 weeks left, but I prematurely miss the MTC already! :) This last week I was able to sing in one of the firesides here at the MTC with two other sister missionaries. I'm so glad that I'm able to involve music in my sharing the gospel and I hope I can find more ways to share the gospel with it once I get out in the field. Madre-gracias, gracias, gracias for the package! It was so sweet! I loved the notes and the homemade bread, and you know that I could always use chocolate! Thank you for thinking of me. I didn't expect that at all! My companion, Hermana Reyes had some of the bread and told me that I was so lucky to have a mom like that. You're the best, Mom! Well, family and friends, I hope that all is well with you. I pray for you a lot, especially on P-days because that's when I think about you the most. Well, the church is true and the Lord loves YOU! Con Amor, Hermana Hansen P.S. My district won't be on the Conference Special on sunday, but please still watch it. You'll see a good idea of the kind of things I do everyday and look for me in the choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment